CHVRCHES Expected to ‘Leave a Trace’ in D.C. with Potty Mouth

By Caroline Dowden | 10/13/16 12:46pm | Updated 10/13/16 12:46pm
Jaclyn Merica / American Word Magazine

For indie music lovers in the D.C. area, Echostages’ presentation of CHVRCHES is one performance that should not be missed. The Scottish electro-pop trio is currently on a nationwide tour, and the concert is expected to be a powerhouse performance that will leave all music hipsters blown away. CHVRCHES will be appearing at Echostage alongside the all-girl punk band, Potty Mouth, on Tuesday, October 18 at 7 p.m.

CHVRCHES features lead singer Lauren Mayberry and keyboardists/vocalists Iain Cook and Martin Doherty. Before they officially came together as a band in 2011, the three rehearsed with demo songs that were mostly written by Martin Doherty. In early 2013, they signed with the independent record label, Glassnote Records, which led them to release their debut studio album, The Bones of What You Believe. The album featured hit tracks like “The Mother We Share,” “We Sink,” and “Recover.” Once released, their album achieved critical acclaim with the band’s unique electronic and synthpop sounds. A little over a year ago, the trio released Every Open Eye, which also received high acclaim from music critics due to the interesting instrumentation throughout the album. It includes songs like “Leave a Trace” and “Never Ending Circles.” With Mayberry’s powerful vocals and Cook and Doherty’s ability to create mind-altering sounds, CHVRCHES continues to wow audiences and keep fans tapping to the beat.

Potty Mouth, a rock band with a distinctive pop-punk sound, will open for CHVRCHES on Tuesday. The band hails from Western Massachusetts and features singer/guitarist Abby Weems, bassist Ally Einbinder, guitarist Phoebe Harris, and drummer Victoria Mandanas. Potty Mouth formed in 2011 and has produced two EPs, “Potty Mouth” and “Sun Damage,” and one album, “Hell Bent.”

What are you waiting for? Come on out to sing along, throw up your hands and make friends with other indie music fans. To find out how to buy tickets for CHVRCHES with Potty Mouth, check out Echostages' website.